Friday, April 16, 2010

Documentary about Internet Addiction

A few years back, I used to be very addicted to playing online games, and although I wasn't that crazed to spend all day on the computer, I did spend a hefty amount. The one game that had me booked for about two years was MapleStory. The only reason I was able to quit it was because my mom went on it to see what it's all about, and ended up crashing the game, so we were never able to download it again. Or that's her story. I still think she did it on purpose. I am grateful that she did it, because if I look back I know my addiction would be way worse, if I had kept playing.

In the video, I found it interesting that South Korea had the most addicted gamers. I had always thought it would be Chinese or Japanese people, but if they aren't, they are probably right behind the Koreans.

I think Internet addiction are very bad. I still go on the computer, but I make sure not to play games, because that's my weak spot. I know if I get addicted to another game, I won't be able to stop till my mom pulls the cord again.

No comments:

Post a Comment