Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bloons Review

Bloons is an awesome game that's very addicting, because who hasn't wanted to pop numerous balloons without the sound effects. While playing Bloons you are a monkey who is trying to pop a set number of ballons with a few darts (they change each level). This game is based on the simple fact that popping balloons is fun.

The game is easy to master the controls because all you're using is your mouse. But that doesn't nessecarily mean that the game is entirely easy. The balloons are placed in places which are harder to hit, as you advance levels. They are hard to hit because there are little walls, that make you think, and maybe even use a little physics, but you don't know that while your playing, because your to busy yelling at the monkey, when you lose. I really like the fact that you can't really lose. You might fail, but you start again from that place, and you don't have an amount of lives, or retries or anything like that. So this makes it perfect for little kids who don't like to start over.

The graphics are pretty good in this game, considering it isn't that big of a game. One thing for sure, is that it is colorful. You can have music and sound playing in the background, but honestly I just find that very annoying and distracting.

There are also ice balloons, exploding balloons, tack balloons and boomerangs are only just a few of the wide range of items available. My personal favorite, the Pac-Man balloon, summons the mighty Pac-Man himself and places him under your control for a brief, sweet moment! (I have only summoned him once, but then I accidently shut down my computer and after that, i have never got to that).

With 50 unique levels to unlock, Bloons will keep you busy for a very long time, if you let it. I would rate this game a 9/10 just because I find it sort of repetitive after a while. I know alot of people would disagree with what I just said, because all the levels are different, but I just find that concept really repetitive.

1 comment:

  1. Very thorough review. Maybe I'll have to check this one out... 4/4

    ReplyDelete