Monday, March 1, 2010

Visual Balance

I did the grid part of the Visual Balance Project. I made an Olympics Magazine type of thing, where Joannie Rochette is shown on the cover. I felt like I should choose her or Sydney Crosby, but I like Joannie better. =)


Here are the images that I used for this project:

Olympics Logo. (Online Image) Available. http://www.canadiandesignresource.ca/officialgallery/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/van_2010_logo.jpg. March 1, 2010.

Joannie Rochette Olympics. (Online Image) Available. http://graphics8.nytimes.com/projects/assets/olympics/images/athletes/rochette-joannie-nyt0061_190.jpg. March 1, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Nice design. Just a few suggestions... It feels like there should be a fourth piece of text to the right of her arm. Also, You want to give the olympic rings a bit more space around it and the title feels too close to the top of the image. Fix these and you will have a strong composition!

    3/4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean by the title being to close to the top, and the being some text, but the olympics rings are really close to Joannie because I wanted it there. I wanted the skate to touch the edge of the blade.

    ReplyDelete